Mickey Mouse is arguably the most famous of the Disney cartoon characters.
Making his debut in “Steamboat Willie” at the Colony Theatre in New York City on November 18, 1928, Mickey went on to star in over 120 different cartoons. He also starred in “The Mickey Mouse Club” television show of the 1950s.Mickey Mouse’s original drawings used circles for his head, body and ears. 1939’s “The Pointer” saw a bold, new design for Mickey as his body became more pear-shaped and pupils were added to his eyes to increase his range of expression. Later on, animators of the 1940s would add a perspective aspect to his ears, giving them a three-dimensional effect. This change, however, was short-lived. The Mickey Mouse of today appears much as he did in the early days with the exception of a costume change here and there.
Originally, Mickey was voiced by Walt Disney himself. Later, those duties were assumed by Jim Macdonald and today Wayne Allwine provides Mickey’s distinctive voice.
Mickey Mouse has appeared on thousands of merchandise items, and currently holds the esteemed title of Chief Greeter at the Disney theme parks.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Betty Boop Coloring Pages
- Princess Ariel Coloring Pages
- Little Mermaid II-Return to the Sea Coloring
- The Backyardigans Coloring Pages
- Horton Hears a Who Coloring Pages
- Proud Family Coloring Pages
- American Dragon Jake Long Coloring
- Cinderella lll: A Twist in Time coloring pages
- Tinkerbell Coloring pages
- Minnie Mouse Coloring Pages
- Chip Dale Rescue Rangers Coloring Pages
- Alice in wonderland coloring pages
- Care Bears Coloring Pages
- Muppet Babies Coloring Pages
- Toy Story Coloring Pages